The MEWEA Stormwater Water Award is given annually to a member who has demonstrated exceptional awareness and dedication to advancing stormwater management practices in the State of Maine. It recognizes outstanding individuals who are helping to protect and restore Maine’s valuable water resources through a variety of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Improve public understanding and involvement in developing and implementing practical stormwater solutions
- Engage in developing state or national policies that promote innovative stormwater solutions to improve water quality
- Advance the development and implementation of innovative best management practices to improve water quality
- Serve as a liaison to encourage the sharing of information and resources between MEWEA and interlocal stormwater working groups throughout the state
- Advance the engagement of a diverse membership of stormwater professionals in MEWEA
Please use at least one of the criterion listed above in your nomination to describe why the candidate is being nominated to receive the award.
Contact information for the Stormwater Committee Chairs can be found here: Executive Board and Committee Chairpersons