To work with and represent the members of the Association affected by the EPA Industrial Pretreatment Program, and promote the goals of the Clean Water Act by reducing or eliminating pollutants which would adversely impact POTW’s or the environment.
1. Develops a committee to best represent those affected by pretreatment requirements, and schedule meetings to keep them updated on the regulations.
2. Selects the annual recipient of the Pretreatment Excellence Award.
3. Tracks proposed legislation and regulations dealing with Pretreatment, and where appropriate, prepare comment.
4. Maintains relations with the EPA Pretreatment Coordinator, the DEP Pretreatment Coordinator, and others such as Water Quality, Biosolids, Laboratory, Oil and Hazardous Personnel Waste.
If you have questions about the Pretreatment Committee, please contact the committee chair. A current listing of committee chairs can be found here: Executive Committee and Committee Chairpersons
Resource and Guidance Documents
Best Management Practices (BMP’s) and Management Systems
- Local Limits Essential Equations 2017
- BMP’s for NPDES permit writers and Pretreatment Coordinators
- Program Essentials – Tips for creating an audit/inspection-friendly Program
- 2016 PCI/Audit Findings – Description of common findings during audits/inspections
- Local Limits Calculator
- IWS Industrial User Survey Guidance
- Industrial Wastewater Survey
- IWS presentation NCC
- IWS spreadsheet
- 40 CFR 401.17 – pH Exemption Regulatory Language
- EPA pH Waiver Guidance Memo – 1993 EPA Memo regarding pH Waiver
- Example of pH Exemption in Permit – An example of language included in an existing pretreatment permit regarding the pH exemption.
- EPA – Local Limits Development and Guidance
Brewers Association – Water and Wastewater: Treatment/Volume Reduction Manual
Guide to Brewery Dischargers
NH DES Wastewater BMPs for Breweries
Chemicals and Cleaning in Brewing Operations
Wastewater Composition Fact Sheet
Sewer and Septic Fact Sheet
Stormwater Fact Sheet
Wastewater Management & Improvements
FAQ – Dental Amalgam
Final Rule, Dental Amalgam
Dental Amalgam Effluent Guidelines
Mercury in Dental Amalgam
Fact Sheet: Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Dental Offices
Effluent Limitations, Guidelines and Standards for the Dental Category, 40 CFR Part 441, summary overview