The Treatment Plant Operators Committee shall serve to provide a forum for MEWEA members to meet and discuss treatment plant operations. This includes identifying operator training needs as well as sharing expertise and technical service. The committee shall also promote the benefits of the Operations Challenge program by assisting the competitors and acting as a liaison where appropriate. (Vendors, MEWEA, NEWEA, travel etc.)
1. Promotes the development of team(s) throughout the state.
2. Makes provisions for team(s) to attend the NEWEA OP’s Challenge Training Day, held in early May.
3. Coordinates, with the NEWEA OP’s Challenge Chairperson, to compete in the regional competition to be held at the NEWEA Spring Conference.
4. Makes arrangements for winning team(s) to compete in the Water Environment Federation’s National Competition (if applicable).
5. Develops funding strategy to help support the team(s) at the National Competition (if applicable).
6. Prepares and administers the annual budget for the Committee.
7. Chair is to attend at least 75% of the Executive Committee meetings.
If you have questions about the Treatment Plant Operators Committee, please contact the committee chair. A current listing of committee chairs can be found here: Executive Committee and Committee Chairpersons