Industrial Achievement Award
The Industrial Discharger Award is given by Maine Water Environment Association (MeWEA) to recognize a Maine industrial discharger who has made exemplary efforts towards reducing discharge volumes and/or pollutant concentrations in their effluent. This award also considers the extra effort and originality that has been involved in system design and/or operations, as well as the efforts made by the industrial discharger to meet internal environmental stewardship and sustainability goals. The following are the general qualities that determine the recipients of this award.
- Demonstrates exemplary operation and maintenance of the facility.
- Demonstrates a commitment from the business to reduce the volume of and/or the pollutant concentrations in wastewater discharges from the facility through continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrates a professional and open relationship with regulatory agencies and permit authorities at all times.
- Applies internal sustainability and environmental stewardship policies or goals to wastewater treatment activities.
- Identifies treatment system influent sources and develops continuous improvement projects to reduce the volume or pollutants at the source.
- Provides service to the profession through participation, assistance to others with problems, etc.
- Demonstrates creativity in operations and problem solving.
- Maintains compliance with various permits.
Awarded at: Maine Water Environment Association Fall Convention (September)
Nomination Deadline: First Friday in July
Award Decision: Third Friday of July (Maine Water Environment Association Executive Board Mtg)
Contact Person: Dan Welch (Maine Water Environment Association Industrial Representative)
Phone: (207) 286-3183
A nomination form is available here: Industrial Award Nomination Form
2015: (Not awarded)
2014: (Not awarded)
2012: General Dynamics Armaments and Technical Products- Saco Operations
2011: Huhtamaki, Inc.
1991: Penobscot Frozen Foods
1990: Robinson Manufacturing Company