Industrial Achievement Award
The Industrial Discharger Award is given by Maine Water Environment Association (MeWEA) to recognize a Maine industrial discharger who has made exemplary efforts towards reducing discharge volumes and/or pollutant concentrations in their effluent. This award also considers the extra effort and originality that has been involved in system design and/or operations, as well as the efforts made by the industrial discharger to meet internal environmental stewardship and sustainability goals. The following are the general qualities that determine the recipients of this award. Please include in your nomination how your nominee has met the criteria for the award.
- Demonstrates exemplary operation and maintenance of the facility.
- Demonstrates a commitment from the business to reduce the volume of and/or the pollutant concentrations in wastewater discharges from the facility through continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrates a professional and open relationship with regulatory agencies and permit authorities at all times.
- Applies internal sustainability and environmental stewardship policies or goals to wastewater treatment activities.
- Identifies treatment system influent sources and develops continuous improvement projects to reduce the volume or pollutants at the source.
- Provides service to the profession through participation, assistance to others with problems, etc.
- Demonstrates creativity in operations and problem solving.
- Maintains compliance with various permits.
Awarded at: Maine Water Environment Association Fall Convention (September)
Nomination Deadline: Third Friday in July