David Anderson Laboratory Analyst Excellence Award
Description: Named after David Anderson, long-serving director of the Portland Water District’s Laboratory, this award was designed to recognize individuals for outstanding performance, professionalism, and contributions to the water quality analysis profession.
Please include in your nomination how your nominee has met the criteria for the award.
The criteria for the laboratory award are:
- Unusual initiative or performance beyond the call of duty.
- To recognize individuals for outstanding performance, professionalism, and contributions to the water quality analysis profession.
- Employment at an educational facility laboratory, industrial, commercial, or municipal laboratory, which performs wastewater related analysis and must have direct analytical responsibilities.
- Only those who have not been recognized by this award before are eligible.
- The nominee’s performance must demonstrate a commitment to high quality control standards.
- The nominee’s perspective should be dutiful and conscientious.
- The nominee’s actions should demonstrate a commitment to professional development: e.g. by maintaining an active membership in MeWEA.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuing education in the field of wastewater analysis, either by courses taken or presentations delivered at training sessions.
Persons who have been recognized by this award before are not eligible to receive it again.
Awarded at: Maine Water Environment Association Fall Convention (September)
Nomination Deadline: First Friday in July
Contact Information for the Lab Committee Chairperson can be found here: Executive Board and Committee Chairpersons